Have You Been Rejected by Social Security Disability?

About Me

Have You Been Rejected by Social Security Disability?

Many people who file for disability benefits through social security are rejected. When this happens, you may feel like your options are few and that you will not be able to pay your bills. I have been working with social security on behalf of clients for many years, and I understand why certain applications for disability are rejected and what you can do to be approved. This blog will help you understand the process of assessing a disability claim and specific steps you can take to increase your chances of being approved for disability payments. When you are hurt and cannot work, you may need legal help to get disability payments. This blog can help.


Latest Posts

How Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help Defendants Fight Drug Charges
12 December 2018

If you've run into trouble with the law and were r

Pros And Cons Of Having An Estate Sale Following A Loved One's Passing
2 November 2018

One of the responsibilities that you'll face when

You Can Use Credit Wisely After A Bankruptcy
21 August 2018

When your financial situation is bad, it can resul

Thinking Of A Prenuptial Agreement? Know What You Can't Afford To Pass Up On
21 August 2018

Often when young couples get married, they are bro

Difficult Topics To Consider When You Have A Blended Family
20 July 2018

Drafting wills and trusts with the help of an atto

Serving A Reluctant Spouse Notice Of A Pending Divorce Action

Divorce is rough -- particularly when your spouse won't co-operate. It's particularly problematic to deal with a spouse that pulls a disappearing act before he or she can be served with the notice that you've filed. Some spouses simply refuse to accept the reality that a marriage is over and will go to great lengths to avoid letting it happen.

It's not the court's job to get a copy of your Complaint for Divorce and other relevant papers to your spouse. It's your responsibility. If you aren't having any luck through ordinary means like personal service or certified mail, here are a few things you can try.

1. Hire A Local Sherriff

In many areas, local sheriffs will act as process servers for legal actions for a reasonable fee. If you give the sheriff your spouse's work address, he or she can try to serve the divorce papers there. Having a uniformed officer appear at work often encourages a reluctant spouse to take the papers quietly and quickly in order to get the sheriff to leave before there's a scene.

2. Hire A Professional Process Server

If your spouse is really playing hard-to-get and takes off in the opposite direction when he or she sees a sheriff approach, you may need someone who can use a little guile to serve your papers for you. Professional process servers who specialize in "hard to serve" cases will often find creative ways of sealing the deal.

For example, they might pose as a flower delivery person to get your spouse to come to the door and accept a box (with the divorce papers neatly tucked in with the flowers). These professionals are expert at finding ways to convince someone to show themselves. 

3. Post Your Notice Publicly

"Notice by publication" is usually only an option in most areas after you've exhausted other options. You have to show the court that you've attempted service by routine methods -- including certified mail -- and failed. However, this is a particularly useful method when your spouse seems to have vanished into thin air, and you don't have a current work or home address. 

Each local jurisdiction has specific rules that have to be followed, but you generally have to post the summons and notice that you've filed for divorce in one or more heavily-trafficked public places for a set period of time. In some areas, you can also make use of the local paper and post your notice by buying an ad.

No matter how hard your spouse is making this process, take heart -- it won't last forever. The courts are generally unwilling to let a case drag on forever simply because one person is making due process difficult. It may end up costing you a little extra to hire someone or pay for publication in a local paper, but it'll ultimately achieve your goal and get your divorce back in motion.

For more information, contact a law office like Hazlett & Pedemonte.