Have You Been Rejected by Social Security Disability?

About Me

Have You Been Rejected by Social Security Disability?

Many people who file for disability benefits through social security are rejected. When this happens, you may feel like your options are few and that you will not be able to pay your bills. I have been working with social security on behalf of clients for many years, and I understand why certain applications for disability are rejected and what you can do to be approved. This blog will help you understand the process of assessing a disability claim and specific steps you can take to increase your chances of being approved for disability payments. When you are hurt and cannot work, you may need legal help to get disability payments. This blog can help.


Latest Posts

The Top Benefits of Hiring a TN Visa Lawyer
12 June 2024

Obtaining a TN visa can be a complicated and daunt

Navigating the Complex Terrain of Slip and Fall Lawsuits
19 April 2024

Slip and fall cases are a common occurrence in per

Five Essential Aspects Of Estate Planning
26 February 2024

You should never overlook the importance of estate

Understanding the Role of a Trust Attorney
22 January 2024

Setting up a trust can be one of the most effectiv

The Top Reasons to Hire a Special Education Attorney
18 December 2023

As a parent or guardian of a special needs student

Can I Receive Treatment Out of State With Workers' Compensation?

When you have become injured at work, you may find that you are unable to perform the duties of your job and you might choose to move to another state where you can find work. Under these circumstances, you are still entitled to compensation for your injury. However, you might wonder if you can receive medical treatment when you are out of state. While the workers' compensation insurance provider is still responsible for paying for your injuries, you might encounter problems with the healthcare provider in another state.

Speak With an Adjuster

When receiving care out of state, the first thing you should do is contact your adjuster. That way, you can verify that your medical care is transferable, and you can also find out the best course of action that you can take. It's also a great idea to contact a workers' compensation attorney.

Find a Provider Willing to Accept Your Insurance

If you are an injured worker, you are still entitled to medical treatment even if you move out of your state. However, one of the challenges you might encounter is that healthcare providers may be unwilling to accept your workers' compensation from out of state. The fee rate might be lower in the state you are moving from. For that reason, if you are able to receive medical treatment before moving, you are better off receiving it sooner from a state healthcare provider. 

Some providers will require a setup fee as well. Then, the concern is over whether the insurance company agrees to pay the extra fee. This is often only done under certain circumstances. One way to make the process easier is to ask for an out-of-state provider list. This will allow you to find a provider that will accept your insurance. You may have to speak to several different physicians, but this is the best approach.

Speak With a Workers' Compensation Attorney

If you are not sure about your medical rights, you'll want to contact a workers' compensation attorney. One approach might be to settle a claim by agreeing to a medical account. The money in this account can be used to pay for future medical bills, and you do not have to worry about the rates of your state. In some cases, you simply cannot avoid receiving medical treatment in another state, even if you try to plan to receive your treatments within your state.